Today, on New Year’s Eve, we lost a legend a few weeks before her 100th birthday: Betty White. All of our hearts are broken. People say that 2022 is going to “suck” without our paperweight of culture. I say, let her legacy carry into the new year and beyond. And believe me when I say that 2022 is going to be better year.
I realize that 2021 has been rough for a lot of people. As COVID surges from city to city, we have to remember this affirmation: Even though I cannot see the good in a situation, I know it’s always there. That’s not a Betty White quote, but I still have to proclaim my good word.
- “I have no regrets at all. None. I consider myself to be the luckiest old broad on two feet.”
- “Everybody needs a passion. That’s what keeps life interesting. If you live without passion, you can go through life without leaving any footprints.”
- “It’s not a surprise, we knew it was coming—make the most of it. So you may not be as fast on your feet, and the image in your mirror may be a little disappointing, but if you are still functioning and not in pain, gratitude should be the name of the game.”
- “My mother always used to say, “The older you get, the better you get. Unless you’re a banana.”
- “You’re never too old for anything.”
- “Retirement is not in my vocabulary. They aren’t going to get rid of me that way.”
- “You don’t fall off the planet once you pass a given age. You don’t lose any of your sense of humor. You don’t lose any of your zest for life, or your lust for life.”
This is just seven, but I do have to share this one poem that I wrote in light of her legacy:
And just like that,
Heaven is a little brighter,
all four corners are gilded,
and the four women who once
graced our televisions are together again.
— Rest in Peace, Betty White@ AprilFederico
Happy New Year, folx.
One thought on “7 Quotes By Betty White We Can Bring Into The New Year”