I met my boyfriend on Bumble, and one of the things he told me right off the bat was that he loved the confidence I exuded in my pictures and my responses. He especially liked that I said in response to a prompt that read, “You should swipe right if you…” and I said something along the lines of “if you can find the right girl and stick to her.” We’ve been dating for almost six months.
I care about my followers. And if you are trying to find love, believe me when I say I was in your shoes. And if you’re on a dating app and you’re thinking about giving up, please DON’T. Believe me when I also say that I was sick of guys who were afraid of commitment and sent pictures of themselves on the toilet (if you’re a guy reading this, women don’t want to see the inside of your underwear — GROSS).
Without further ado, here are tips for all genders on dating apps:
- Pick the pictures that best depict YOU — not some fake smile from a senior photo. I’m talking about your best feature, in your opinion.
- Pick a picture of you when you were genuinely happy (e.g., graduation, in another country, etc.)
- DON’T post a picture of yourself getting sh*t-faced or doing drugs. (PSA: please don’t do drugs.)
- With that being said, an innocent picture of you and another person drinking something like champagne, a martini, or wine is appropriate.
- Pick a picture of you and your friends (something recent, if applicable, I know it’s hard because we’ve been living three total years in a pandemic!).
- DON’T post a picture of you and your ex girlfriend/boyfriend.
- Pick a picture of you doing something you love (e.g., my boyfriend posted a picture of himself in front of BMW’s which he has a passion for — nothing more sexy than that).
- Make your bio coherent and include what exactly you do for a living.
- Have a witty response to one question and something serious in another.
- If applicable, pick a picture of you and a family member, preferably a parent or mother/father figure.
I hope these help, and I wish you all godspeed on finding love in 2022!