It feels like we’ve lived a full year in the past week, doesn’t it? And it’s only March 19th! So another thing happened, Tom Brady is no longer a Patriot, but a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. I promise this post will be less of a “brain dump” and “trying-to-process” post, like Thoughts on the Coronavirus: is 2020 the new 2012? No, we are afraid of fear, itself. The past two weeks have been turbulence of emotions and uncertainty. I just got off a Zoom “tech rehearsal” for my Senior Art Studio class, and I have to say, it’s better than nothing.
But other than that, here are some good tips on how to survive “staying at home” which is now referred to by the CDC as “quarantine.”
- Have a Chick Flick marathon!
- Have a horror movie marathon!
- Get take-out from Chomp
- Support artists
- Take a virtual tour of Versailles (I did that in person 6 years ago!)
- Download a book from NYPL
- Take virtual tours of art museums
- Start from a stack of books you have in your room already and work your way down! I recommend anything written by Rebecca Serle, especially In Five Years!
- Learn how to bake and cook!
- Facetime a friend/significant other
- Watch anything on Disney+
- Stop perusing social media so much! This only gets on your nerves more!
- Spend some time with your pets, especially if you have a cat like mine
- Do yoga at home